Become A Qualified HR Professional!
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
Course Code: BSB41015
Course Name: Certificate IV in Human Resources
Course Duration: Up to 12 Months (Self-Paced)
Delivery Method: Mixed Mode Delivery
Career Pathways: Administration Officer, Executive Personal Assistant, Human Resources Clerk, Human Resources Officer, Office Administrator, Project Assistant, and Recruitment Officer
Where Can The BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources Take Your Career?
The Certificate IV in Human Resources (BSB41015) will give you the skills you need to perform key human resource tasks and activities with confidence. Nationally recognised human resource training will help you work towards your goal of becoming a:
- Administration Officer
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Human Resources Clerk
- Human Resources Officer
- Office Administrator
- Project Assistant
- Recruitment Officer
The Cert IV in HR is delivered via Mixed Mode Delivery, which includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, online learning, assessment materials and activities. This is especially suitable for anyone wishing to up skill and expand their opportunities while still keeping up with work or personal commitments.
This popular and effective delivery method allows you to study from anywhere, including major cities like Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth AND regional or remote areas of Australia. Online study also means you can work at your own pace, at times most convenient to you!
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months to complete the assessments for this course.
What Will You Learn During The Human Resources Course?
If you want to become an important part of human resource management in the workplace, then the Cert IV in HR (BSB41015) is the course for you! This course will help you develop a solid foundation of practical human resources skills and abilities you can use in the workplace.
During your HR course you will learn how to review human resources functions, support recruitment, selection, and induction of staff, and lead effective workplace relationships.
Reach your goals with the Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41015!
Course Outline & Structure
Assessment Methods: Your Certificate IV in Human Resources course will be assessed through Knowledge Assessment, Case Study (including, but not limited to, portfolio and/or work samples, reports or displays, role plays, and presentations) and Practical Assessment.
Expected Study Hours: The course has an expected study time of 1,020 hours. Since this course is self-paced, you can study at your own speed and complete the course in a timeframe that suits you.
When you enrol in this course, you will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation to determine your existing skill and knowledge level that is relevant to this qualification. Upon completion of the evaluation, you will be given a training plan where you will be assigned one of the following cohorts:
- Beginner - limited knowledge or skill and no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 1020 hours
- Intermediate - moderate prior knowledge and skill with limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 865 hours
- Advanced - extensive knowledge and skill with recent related industry work experience of one year or more; this includes those who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification or skill sets or units of competency; study hours is up to 590 hours
- Expert - consists of individuals with current and relevant industry experience of 5 or more years and with extensive knowledge and skill; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB41013 Certificate IV in Human Resources who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 460 hours
BSB41015 Course Units
The Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41015 is comprised of 10 units – 6 core units and 4 electives. Our HR elective course units have been carefully chosen to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of jobs requiring human resources skills.
|BSBHRM403||Support performance management processes|
|BSBHRM404||Review human resources functions|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWRK411||Support employee and industrial relations procedures|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBRES401||Analyse and present research information|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Hold some industry experience in a relevant role (e.g. Administration Officer, Executive Personal Assistant, Human Resources Clerk, Human Resources Officer)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
Students are provided with a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway. This is uploaded in their student account prior to commencing.
Please read the student handbook before enrolling by going to the following link here.
To support you in your studies, Ambition will provide:
- Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents, including access to relevant acts, regulations and standards and their corresponding documentation
You will need to make sure you have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Ambition Training Institute will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments—for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- A computer with Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video-recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone or video recorder) to record role-play activities and presentations
- Access to a supervisor to observe and provide feedback
- At least 3 people to participate in various assessment activities, including meetings, role-plays, and providing feedback
You can complement your BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources training with additional qualifications such as:
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- FNS30317 Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
After completing the BSB41015, learners can continue their studies with:
- BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resources Management
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have existing work experience in HR and wish to formalise this knowledge, Ambition offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as part of this course. The RPL process begins after enrolment and is available to any students who can present evidence of competency for any units included in this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Ambition Training Institute Student Handbook.