Start your Community Services Career today!
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
Course Code: CHC52015
Course Name: Diploma of Community Services (Case Management)
Course Duration: Up to 24 Months (Self-Paced)
Delivery Method: Mixed Mode Delivery
Career Pathways: Case Coordinator, Case Manager
Diploma of Community Services Background
The Diploma of Community Services online course will prepare you for a rewarding career in the community services industry. You will learn how to fulfil the critical functions of case management as workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating, and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups, and communities, and contributing to the community services industry.
Other critical skills and knowledge you will learn are the Australian legal and ethical frameworks you need to follow as a community service worker, how to develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management, and how to develop and implement service programs as a member of the community services industry.
In the Case Management specialisation of the CHC52015, your additional focus will be on how to provide case management supervision, facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes, and also lead and manage team effectiveness. Additionally, throughout our Community Services course, you will learn more general skills to help you work and communicate effectively in the community services sector, follow and improve professional practice, and undertake project work.
This course is perfect for individuals who want to become a:
- Case Coordinator
- Case Manager
Diploma of Community Services Qualification Pathways
You can complement your CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) training with additional qualifications such as:
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
- BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Diploma of Community Services Units
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) is comprised of 16 units, which includes 8 core units, 4 case management specialisation units, and another 4 elective units. These units have been selected to ensure that the course meets the needs of a wide range of community service workers.
Core Units (8):
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
Case Management Specialisation Units (4):
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCSM004 Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
Elective Units (4):
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
Please read the student handbook before enrolling by going to the following link here.
Diploma Community Services Course Structure and Delivery
The Diploma of Community Services is delivered via Mixed Mode Delivery, which includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, online learning, assessment materials and activities. This is especially suitable for anyone wishing to up skill andexpand their opportunities while still keeping up with work or personal commitments.
Your course materials are accessed online and you are free to work on the course requirements on your own time from anywhere in Australia. This community services online course is available Australia-wide, including remote areas and major cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth.
Course Duration: You will have up to 24 months starting from your commencement date.
Assessment Methods: Your Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) course will beassessedthroughCase Study (may include simulated scenario, portfolio, reports, displays, work samples, presentations and questioning), Projects (product-based methods), Written Questions, and Practicum—Skills Logbook, and Credit Transfer (for HLTAID003 Provide first aid unit only).
Expected Study Hours: There are up to 990 study hours for this course, depending on your industry experience and relevant knowledge. Since this course is self-paced, you can study at your own speed and complete the course in a timeframe that suits you.
When you enrol in this course, you will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation to determine your existing skill and knowledge level that is relevant to this qualification. Upon completion of the evaluation, you will be given a training plan where you will be assigned one of the following cohorts:
- Beginner - limited knowledge or skill and no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 990 hours
- Intermediate - moderate prior knowledge and skill with limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 830 hours
- Advanced - extensive knowledge and skill with recent related industry work experience of one year or more; this includes those who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification or skill sets or units of competency from the CHC Training Package; study hours is up to 630 hours
- Expert - consists of individuals with current and relevant industry experience of 3 or more years and with extensive knowledge and skill; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 504 hours
Support and Resources
To support you in your studies, Ambition will provide:
- Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
You will need to make sure you have access to:
- A computer with Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- At least five (5) people who have email accounts
- At least three (3) volunteers for the role-play task
- A video-recording device (e.g. mobile phone with video and audio recording capabilities, webcam, digital camera, etc.)
The Diploma of Community Services course requires completion of specified competency standards and assessment requirements in a workplace between a minimum of 120 hours and up to 240 hours of vocational placement with an approved accredited service provider. It must provide access to:
- At least three (3) clients with access to services based on socio-cultural information gathered
- Organisational policies and procedures
- Workplace documents
- Two workers in the vocational placement facility
- Use of suitable facilities, equipment and resources
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have existing work experience in community services and wish to formalise this knowledge, Ambition offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as part of this course. The RPL process begins after enrolment and is available to any students who can present evidence of competency for any units included in this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Ambition Training Institute Student Handbook.