Begin your English Teaching Career!
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
Course Code: 10429NAT
Course Name: Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Course Duration: Up to 12 Months (Self-Paced)
Delivery Method: Mixed Mode Delivery via Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) *Certificates/Diplomas and Statements of Attainment will be provided by Inspire Education
Career Pathways: Teach English in Australia, Teach English Internationally
Certificate IV in TESOL Course Outcomes
The Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages will help you develop essential skills to teach English to non-English speakers within Australia and overseas!
Your Certificate IV in TESOL course will take you through a range of core skills such as; designing and delivering ESL programs, designing and developing ESL learning frameworks, lesson planning, basic grammatical concepts and traditional meta-language, and basic terminology of traditional grammar. During the course you will complete 6 hours of workplace practical delivery as you deliver instruction to a minimum of 4 ESL (English as a Second Language) students, allowing you to develop your hands-on experience in the classroom.
Whether you wish to teach English abroad or enhance your teaching portfolio within Australia, the Certificate IV in TESOL will assist you to reach your personal and professional goals!
Certificate IV in TESOL Course Pathways
Before Studying the Certificate IV in TESOL
Though there are no prerequisite units, the Certificate IV in TESOL is ideal if you already hold a bachelor degree in any area (3 year full-time program or equivalent) and is a great option for qualified teachers seeking to develop additional skills and open up career paths in TESOL such as teaching under NEAS. The Certificate IV in TESOL will also be useful to those who are looking to be employed as an ESOL teacher or tutor in Australia or overseas.
After Studying the Certificate IV in TESOL
Completing your Certificate IV In TESOL enables you to continue your education with qualifications like the Diploma of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
You can complement your Certificate IV in TESOL training with additional qualifications such as:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – a requirement to teach in TAFEs and you can also become a Certificate IV in TESOL trainer.
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care – to work in child care centres with children.
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support – to provide educational support services in schools.
People with NO other qualifications or experience:
You will be able to pursue roles, such as:
- Teaching conversational English in Australian language schools
- Teaching conversational English overseas (or in other institutions not governed by Australian standards)
- Providing overseas students with individual tuition or small group tutorials
- Teaching English to students visiting Australia on short-term study tours
- Helping migrants develop General English skills (in a supervised and limited capacity)
People WITH other qualifications and experience:
- Teaching conversational English overseas in a wider range of countries
- Teaching in National ELT Accrediation Scheme (NEAS) accredited training centres.
Ambition Training together with Inspire Education has established Three (3) Student Cohorts
1st Cohort – Beginner (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience.
Students in this cohort will be required to attend all sessions, complete all learning activities and submit all completed assessment workbooks.
2nd Cohort – Intermediate (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience.
Students in this cohort may undertake selected sessions and learning activities but must complete all assessment workbooks. Candidates may select undertake some elements via recognition of prior learning pathway.
3rd Cohort – Expert (Assessment only) consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) who are currently working in the education sector.
Certificate IV in TESOL Training Structure
The Certificate IV TESOL 10429NAT is a nationally accredited and internationally recognised Australian English teaching qualification made up of 11 core units.
|TAEDEL401A||Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning|
|TESCUL401A||Develop and apply knowledge of cultural factors affecting TESOL teachers|
|TESPRN402A||Assist learners to improve pronunciation and speech|
|TESGRM403A||Assist learners to learn or improve grammar|
|TESRES404A||Source and develop resources to support learning|
|TESRED405A||Assist learners develop reading and writing skills|
|TESSPK406A||Assist learners develop speaking and listening skills|
|TESASS407A||Assess language learning|
|TESMTH408A||Apply a range of TESOL methodologies|
|TESTST409A||Assist learners prepare for English language tests|
|TESCAL410A||Use Computer Assisted Language Learning to assist learners|
Elective Units (1)
|TESCHD412A||Use creative strategies to assist children to learn English|
This TESOL course is assessed through written/oral questioning, gathering documents, case study, research/project, portfolio, journal/diary, observation and other written activities.
It is expected to take up to 700 hours, depending on industry experience, to complete all the requirements for this qualification.
There are no prerequisite qualifications required to enrol in the 10429NAT Certificate IV in TESOL.
It is required that you, whether native or non-native speakers of English, demonstrate an acceptable level of English language competence in order to undertake the course. This requirement includes both written and spoken English.
In order to enrol, you must be 18 years or older and:
- Have evidence of year 11 and 12 completion OR
- Abilities checked via a thorough oral communication evaluation as included in the LLN Evaluation. OR
- Have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 6.5 (Competent user) or equivalent grading OR
- Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at or around level 4 across learning, reading, writing, and oral communication core skills
Pre-interview language tasks and an interview will be conducted to determine applicants’ entry into this course.
Support and Resources
The Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages 10429NAT is offered through a mixed mode delivery by Inspire Education (RTO #32067), which includes face to face sessions, online webinars, self-paced study, workplace learning, directed research and online learning and assessment materials and activities . Throughout your training, Inspire Education will provide you with the support of experienced TESOL trainers plus a range of excellent resources and learning materials to help you gain your TESOL qualification.
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
You will need to make sure you have access to:
- A Computer (PC or Mac)
- Internet (ADSL 2+ of at least 5mbps reliable speed and Google Chrome is recommended)
- Latest Adobe Flash Player
- Latest Adobe Acrobat Reader (Essential for Mac Users)
- Microsoft Word and Powerpoint or equivalent applications
- At least 4 students who are ESL learners
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor
Ambition Training Institute is responsible for the quality of training and assessment provided and for the issuing of all qualifications and statements of attainment. Any changes to the arrangements will be communicated to students.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have relevant work experience or have completed relevant training in the past, you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). The RPL process begins after enrolment – simply indicate you’d like to apply for RPL on your enrolment form and a trainer will send you an RPL kit and discuss your RPL opportunities. To receive RPL, you will need to provide up to date evidence of the competencies required for this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Ambition Training Institute Student Handbook and Inspire Education Student Handbook.