Want To Become A Project Coordinator?
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
Course Code: BSB41515
Course Name: Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
Course Duration: Up to 12 Months (Self-Paced)
Delivery Method: Mixed Mode Delivery
Career Pathways: Communications Liaison, Contracts Officer, Estimator and Scheduler, Project Administrator/Analyst, Project Assistant/Support, Project Coordinator, Project Records Officer, Project Team Member/Officer, Quality Officer, and Small Business Operator
Where Can The BSB40515 Certificate IV in Project Management Take Your Career?
The Cert IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515) will give you that extra ‘edge’ in a highly competitive industry and is perfect for individuals wishing to engage in job roles such as:
- Communications Liaison
- Contracts Officer
- Estimator and Scheduler
- Project Administrator/Analyst
- Project Assistant/Support
- Project Coordinator
- Project Records Officer
- Project Team Member/Officer
- Quality Officer
- Small Business Operator
The Cert IV in Project Management is delivered via Mixed Mode Delivery, which includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, online learning, assessment materials and activities. This is especially suitable for anyone wishing to up skill and expand their opportunities while still keeping up with work or personal commitments.
This popular and effective method of course delivery allows you to study from anywhere in Australia – whether you live in a remote area or a major city like Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney or Adelaide. Online study allows you to work at your own pace, at times that suit you.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months from your start date to complete the assessments for this course. You can start training at any time throughout the year.
What Will You Learn In The Project Management Diploma Course?
The Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515) has been designed to equip you with an important set of marketable project management skills. This course covers techniques on project scope, human resources management, quality management, project life cycle, procurement procedures, information management, cost management and more. It has been developed in consultation with industry trainers & assessors and with feedback from learners to ensure that it is accessible to students and relevant in the industry.
Turn your ambitions into reality… study your Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515) today!
Course Outline & Structure
Assessment Methods: Your Certificate IV in Project Management Practice course will be assessed through Knowledge Assessment, Case Study (including, but not limited to, portfolio and/or work samples, reports or displays, role plays, and presentations) and Practical Assessment.
Expected Study Hours: This course has an expected study time of 610 hours. Since this course is self-paced, you can study at your own speed and complete the course in a timeframe that suits you.
When you enrol in this course, you will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation to determine your existing skill and knowledge level that is relevant to this qualification. Upon completion of the evaluation, you will be given a training plan where you will be assigned one of the following cohorts:
- Beginner - limited knowledge or skill and no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 610 hours
- Intermediate - moderate prior knowledge and skill with limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 520 hours
- Advanced - extensive knowledge and skill with recent related industry work experience of one year or more; this includes those who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification or skill sets or units of competency from the BSB07 or the BSB Training Package; study hours is up to 440 hours
- Expert - consists of individuals with current and relevant industry experience of 3 or more years and with extensive knowledge and skill; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB41513 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 295 hours
BSB41515 Course Units
|BSBPMG409||Apply project scope management techniques|
|BSBPMG410||Apply project time management techniques|
|BSBPMG411||Apply project quality management techniques|
|BSBPMG412||Apply project cost management techniques|
|BSBPMG413||Apply project human resources management approaches|
|BSBPMG414||Apply project information management and communications techniques|
|BSBPMG415||Apply project risk management techniques|
|BSBPMG416||Apply project procurement procedures|
|BSBPMG417||Apply project life cycle management processes|
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Hold a Certificate III in Business (or other relevant qualification) or some industry experience in a relevant role
- Have basic computer skills
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
Students are provided with a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway. This is uploaded in their student account prior to commencing.
Please read the student handbook before enrolling by going to the following link here.
To support you in your studies, Ambition will provide:
- Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates and documentation for completing assessments
You will need to make sure you have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Ambition Training Institute will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments—for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- A computer with Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Access to a Project Management Application capable of creating Gantt charts (MS Project, Wrike, etc.)
You can complement your BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice training with additional qualifications such as:
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
After completing the BSB41515, learners can continue their studies with:
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have existing work experience in project management and wish to formalise this knowledge, Ambition offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as part of this course. The RPL process begins after enrolment and is available to any students who can present evidence of competency for any units included in this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Ambition Training Institute Student Handbook.