Want To Lead A Project Management Team?
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
Course Code: BSB51415
Course Name: Diploma of Project Management
Course Duration: Up to 12 Months (Self-Paced)
Delivery Method: Mixed Mode Delivery
Career Pathways: Project Manager (generic), Project Manager (industry-specific), Project Leader, Project Team Leader, Project Contract Manager, Project Vendor Manager
Where Can The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management Take Your Career?
The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is the latest nationally-accredited Australian project management qualification, offering students opportunities across many industries. It is perfect for individuals who want to work as:
- Project Manager (generic)
- Project Manager (industry-specific)
- Project Leader
- Project Team Leader
- Project Contract Manager
- Project Vendor Manager
The Diploma of Project Management is delivered via Mixed Mode Delivery, which includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, online learning, assessment materials and activities. This is especially suitable for anyone wishing to up skill and expand their opportunities while still keeping up with work or personal commitments.
This highly effective and popular method of delivery is ideal for busy professionals trying to fit study around work, family and life commitments. Since it is self-paced, you can study your course at a speed that suits you. This makes it popular with many people between employment opportunities who are looking to gain skills and re-enter the workforce as quickly as possible.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months to complete your course.
What Will You Learn In The Project Management Diploma Course?
The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is designed to enhance your skills and ensure you know about advanced project management techniques, including scope, time, cost, and quality management. It will also teach you about project procurement, stakeholder engagement, and managing team effectiveness.
Turn your aspirations into reality… start your Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) today!!
Course Outline & Structure
Assessment Methods: Your Diploma of Project Management course will be assessed through Knowledge Assessment, Case Study (including, but not limited to, portfolio and/or work samples, reports or displays, role plays, and presentations) and Practical Assessment.
Expected Study Hours: The project management course has an expected study time of 850 hours, depending on your industry experience. Since this course is self-paced, you can study at your own speed and complete the course in a timeframe that suits you.
When you enrol in this course, you will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation to determine your existing skill and knowledge level that is relevant to this qualification. Upon completion of the evaluation, you will be given a training plan where you will be assigned one of the following cohorts:
- Beginner - limited knowledge or skill and no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 850 hours
- Intermediate - moderate prior knowledge and skill with limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 690 hours
- Advanced - extensive knowledge and skill with recent related industry work experience of one year or more; this includes those who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification or skill sets or units of competency from the BSB07 or the BSB Training Package; study hours is up to 525 hours
- Expert - consists of individuals with current and relevant industry experience of 3 or more years and with extensive knowledge and skill; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 368 hours
BSB51415 Course Units
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk|
|BSBPMG521||Manage project integration|
|BSBPMG518||Manage project procurement|
|BSBPMG519||Manage project stakeholder engagement|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
- Hold the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice or some industry experience in a relevant role (e.g. Project Coordinator, Project Team Member, Project Management Officer)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
Students are provided with a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway. This is uploaded in their student account prior to commencing.
Please read the student handbook before enrolling by going to the following link here.
To support you in your studies, Ambition will provide:
- Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
You will need to make sure you have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Ambition Training Institute will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments—for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- A computer with Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
You can complement your BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management training with additional qualifications such as:
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
After completing the BSB51415, learners can continue their studies with:
- BSB61218 Advanced Diploma of Project Management
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have existing work experience in project management and wish to formalise this knowledge, Ambition offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as part of this course. The RPL process begins after enrolment and is available to any students who can present evidence of competency for any units included in this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Ambition Training Institute Student Handbook.