Begin your Training Career!
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
FIND OUT ABOUT OUR EXCELLENT MONTHLY PRICING AND SPECIALS! ENQUIRE NOW
Course Code: TAE40116
Course Name: Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Course Duration: Up to 12 Months (Self-Paced)
Delivery Method: Mixed Mode Online Course Delivery via Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) *Certificates/Diplomas and Statements of Attainment will be provided by Inspire Education
Career Pathways: Workplace Trainer, Facilitator or Assessor, TAFE Teacher, VET Trainer or Assessor, Trainer/Assessor at a Registered Training Organisation, and other professional trainer careers
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Course Outcomes
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is the most current training and assessment course. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to become a certified professional vocational trainer in TAFEs or other Registered Training Organisations. You can use these same skills to deliver effective workplace training and assessment, either as a dedicated workplace trainer or in roles which include some training duties.
During your course, you will learn how to design and develop learning programs, plan and deliver group-based learning, plan assessment activities and assess competence. You will also learn how to meet client needs through the use of training packages, contribute to assessment, participate in assessment validation, provide work skill instruction, and how to facilitate learning in a workplace.
Start studying your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment now and get on track to achieve your professional goals, perhaps even begin a whole new career in training!
This TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification (or equivalent) is a requirement to deliver accredited training and assessment in Australia’s vocational education and training system.
Before Studying the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
You need to be able to display vocational competency in your proposed field of training and assessment to study the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. This course is an excellent way to formalise your existing training experience so you are able to pursue regulated training roles in Australia’s vocational education and training system.
After Studying the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
After completing your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you can continue your training with qualifications like:
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Diploma of Training Design and Development
- Other qualifications in this training package or the higher education sector
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is an amazing versatile qualification and combines beautifully with many other vocational certifications. You can undertake further vocational training and become a specialist trainer in a huge range of industries.
Popular industries to specialise in include:
- Work Health and Safety
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Financial Services (including Accounting and Bookkeeping)
- Community Care (including Aged Care, Disability Care, or Home and Community Care)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Project Management
- Information Technology
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Training Structure
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is a nationally recognised and accredited Australian qualification delivered through mixed mode online learning. It is made up of 9 core units and 1 elective unit (10 units total). The units of this course are grouped into clusters.
These course units have been “clustered” so competencies are assessed just once, instead of making you demonstrate them multiple times in different units. As a result, the 10 course units are combined into just 3 workbooks – Design, Delivery and Assessment. This approach has been found to deliver a more ‘holistic’ learning experience and reduces your overall workload compared to most unit-by-unit programs so you can gain an understanding faster.
|TAEDES401||Design and develop learning programs|
|TAEDES402||Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs|
|TAEDEL401||Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning|
|TAEDEL402||Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|TAEASS401||Plan assessment activities and processes|
|TAEASS403||Participate in assessment validation|
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools|
Unit Present in All Clusters
|TAELLN411||Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills|
These course units are assessed using a range of methods, including written questions and activities, case studies, creating documents, projects, observation and skills logbook. This gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your competencies through suitable and effective methods.
This course can take up to 1201 hours of study to complete. Since this course is self-paced, you can study at your own speed and complete the course in a timeframe that suits you. If you work at a steady pace over 12 months, you’ll need to study about 23 hours per week to complete your training within the time limit.
You will be required to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed field of field of training and assessment in the Vocational Competency Evaluation.
You will need to:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a reasonable level of language and literacy (at least year 10 English or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills and be able to use applications like Word and Excel
Further, prospective learners are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier or USI
- Provide a valid ID with their picture and signature
- Take a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Take a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before they are given access to the course resources and commencing studies
Support and Resources
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is delivered by Inspire Education (#32067). Throughout your course, Inspire Education will provide you with premium training resources and experienced trainers to support you as you earn your qualification.
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- • Access to the Learning Management System (LMS)
- • Documents for Navigating the LMS
- • Training Plan
- • Learner Guides and Assessment Workbooks for each subject
- • Templates for completing the activities
- • Face to Face Webinars as well as Pre-recorded Webinars
- • Vocational Placement Pack
- • Simulations, where applicable
- • Ongoing Trainer Support via Phone and Student Messaging System
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- • A workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor, where possible (Note: You will be provided with a simulated environment if you are unable to secure a workplace for assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- • A computer with Internet access
- • Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and MS Word and MS PowerPoint or their equivalent applications
- • Video recording equipment or a TAE qualified assessor
- • At least 8 adult learners for conducting delivery projects
- • An RTO qualified to train and assess for Vocational Placement
- • A VET practitioner qualified to provide assessment in accordance with Clause 1.13-1.16 of Standards for RTOs 2015. The VET practitioner should be under the chosen Vocational Placement to supervise your assessments
Ambition Training Institute is responsible for the quality of training and assessment provided and for the issuing of all qualifications and statements of attainment. Any changes to the arrangements will be communicated to students.
You will be required to initiate contact with an approved RTO to gain workplace experience and knowledge relevant to the industry. The workplace must meet the requirements set in the Workplace Approval Checklist and be approved by the Vocational Placement Coordinator.
If you are currently working in an RTO, you may nominate your workplace for the placement.
The vocational placement is conducted in accordance with the following:
- • Vocational Placement Provider/Supervisor Information Pack
- • Vocational Placement Student Information Pack
- • Vocational Placement Coordinator Information Pack
- • Vocational Placement Agreement
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have work experience in the training industry or have completed relevant training in the past, you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL). The RPL process begins after enrolment – simply indicate you’d like to apply for RPL on your enrolment form and a trainer will send you an RPL kit and discuss your RPL opportunities. To receive RPL, you will need to provide up to date evidence of the competencies required for this qualification.
For policies on refunds, extensions, other fees, complaints, appeals, replacement certificates or statements of attainment, please see the Ambition Training Institute Student Handbook and the Inspire Education Student Handbook.